10.03.2008

Fabulous and K-Mart...in the Same Sentence.

What a fabulous shopping experience I had today at K-Mart. Never did I think I would even use the words "fabulous" and "K-Mart" in the same sentence, but I had such an outstanding shopping experience today that K-Mart is receiving well deserved praise from this Momma.

As BB wrote about yesterday, K-Mart is running a promotion from October 1-5 where they are doubling coupons up to $2.00! This is simply unheard of in the coupon world. Most grocery stores maybe will double coupons up to $1, but K-Mart was allowing you to get the full value of the coupon, plus doubling UP TO an additional $2. Hooray!

Before I share my full savings success story, allow me to share some examples of the fabulous (there's that word again) deals I found today on my shopping trip to K-Mart.

Oust Air Freshener:
$3.99 - $1 off coupon attached to can doubled - $2 off 2 Oust products coupon doubled made two cans FREE!

Colgate Toothpaste:
$3.99 - $1.50 off coupon doubled made them 9
9 cents! And, I had 3 coupons! We have toothpaste for months all for less than the cost of one normal tube!

Kellogg's Smart Start Cereal:
$3.99 - $1.50 off coupon doubled = 99 cents!


And, my personal favorite...
Gerber Baby Food:
I went through the arsenal of coupons they send new moms in the mail - "$1 off 4," "75 cents off 2," etc. And stocked up. Some of it ended up being free and the rest of it was dirt cheap. I got about $75 worth of baby food, cereal and juice for $30. Baby P will be eating like a king!

My grand total before all of the fabulous savings was around $120 but I got it all for $60! That is 50% off! Amazing, huh?

If you're headed out to try this out before the 5th, I'd also advise you to follow this link, sign up for K-Mart's e-mail club and print this coupon for $5 off of a $50 purchase at K-Mart. This little coupon also contributed to getting my total so low.

At BB's urging, here is a picture of my day's win
nings. I am beyond impressed with myself, and I think I even impressed a once skeptical Mr. P. He even suggested that we grab the Baltimore Sun this Sunday and see if there are any other coupons we can use before Monday when the K-Mart fabulosity ends. I think he thinks I'm one smart cookie...and he's right!



- t

1 comment:

April E. :) said...

Hip Hip HOORAAAAHHHH TT!!!